Thursday, September 29, 2011

Term 3 Week 9 - K9 challenge!

This week we have been busy working on a special mission - to create parachutes for our K9 Special Force Squad (00Woof and 00Wag, pictured below) to carry out a not-so-secret air drop from the tower of the playground.  The agent has to be able to drop as slowly as possible, with a soft landing (due to short legs).  This means we have been trying to use what we learned last week about air pressure and this week about drag and streamlining as we design and build our parachutes.


Thursday morning was the day of the air-drop as the wind conditions were perfect (as in, there was no wind).  The air-drops took place with all parachutes taking between 1.22 seconds and 1.88 seconds. Most parachutes tended to fall straight down though a couple of designs did drift a little.




11 comments:

kieran said...

this week i enjoyed stealing agent 00 woof!!!!

Hannah said...

This week I enjoyed Playing games in the different groups of the year fives and sixes.

This week I had a goal of believing in myself because there was a few things I was not sure of.

My goal for next week is that all the answers i9n my work aren't just going to comne right to you.

Madi said...

This week I enjoyed playing outside because I like to play with my friends.

I could improve on talking less because I get annoying when I talk to much.

My goal next week is to be quiet so I dont annoy people.

Gabby said...

This week I enjoyed learning my French words.

This week I had a goal of linking all my work.

I need to improve on writing neatly.

Hayden said...

This week I enjoyed playing games and making paratute because we came fourth.

I could improve on less talking.

My goal for next week is to pass my spelling.

Taya Jane Lewis said...

This week I enjoyed miniball.
I need to improve on the neatness in my work.

I really dislked running laps of the field.

Taya Jane Lewis said...

This week I enjoyed miniball.
I need to improve on the neatness in my work.

I really dislked running laps of the field.

Maria said...

This week I enjoyed making the parachutes for the K9 mission.

I could improve on remembering to take my homework home.

My goal for next week is to be ready for the next activity.

Keryn said...

This week I enjoyed making a paratute.

I could improve on making my work more neat.

My goal for next week is to bev more neat in my work.

Anton said...

This week I enjoyed playing games with Mrs Coyle.My favourite games were the foot wacking game and the slaps game.
I could improve on listning to the teacher. I talk with my freinds to much so I dont get my work done.
My goal is to link in ALL my work.

Abbey said...

Cute Doggies I wish I could make a parachute thing that would be cool