Friday, September 16, 2011

Term 3 Week 7

An exciting time this week as yesterday we were finally able to go to our new library and issue books to take home! Mrs Tumataroa has done a fantastic job of getting it all ready for us and there were a tonne of new books for us to choose from.  We spotted immediate favourites that we wanted to read straight away and some of us are eagerly waiting for our classmates to return the books they had so that we can then read them!

 We have been gathering our information about our adopted country - we will be dressing up in a couple of weeks and bringing some food to represent our country at a RWC celebration lunch.  We will make posters about our country as well.

The Student Council competition for Edendale Junior Master Chef 2011 is beginning on Monday - Daniel B and William will be competing from our room, we wish them all the best (and are all available for any taste testing they need done!)

Last Friday some of us worked on personal responses to "Our Beautiful World" - the poem of the week; check out this video of three girls who created their own song to teach junior children that we should not pollute the world - today they performed their act to all four junior rooms and received a lot of positive feedback! 

Lastly...GO THE ALL BLACKS!

14 comments:

Lance said...

From our library I took home spookiest stories by Paul Jennings because Paul Jennings is a good author and I like reading spooky stuff.

shaz said...

From our library i took home accidentally friends by Lisa Papademetriou because i want to learn why they were acaccidentally friend!also it sounds like a really good book.

Madi said...

From our library I took home The 4 Powers Of Daren Saner by Michael Oehley because it's alot like the others books I have read that I really enjoyed

Hannah said...

This week I enjoyed Maths because we had a few laughs.

My Goal was to try My best until I got there.

Kim said...

From our library I took home blabber mouth by Morris Gleitzman because the auther is a good auther.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gabby said...

From our library I took home Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare because I wanted to read Shakespeare.

Rhiannon said...

From our library I took home Watch your whiskers,stilton!By Geronimo Stilton ,because I enjoy reading his books

MCKENZIE said...

From the library I took home Where's Wally Now because I enjoy looking where Wally is.

Thomas said...

From the library I took home 'Epic Escapes of World War 2.'I took it because I like the history of the war.

William said...

From the library I took Rugger tales,The glup glup cup adventer because I like Rugger tales.

liam said...

From our library I took home the Gallipili Story because I like war and it had pictures of Gallipili when the troops were fighting.

Hayden said...

From our library I took home violent volcanos because it is funny and fascinating.

Abbey said...

Omg the libaray is so big and cool when it was work day me and my friend had a look it is so coool.