Monday, September 19, 2011

Term 3 Week 8

Monday: we are trying to catch up on our inquiry by combining it with our reading and writing for a few days.
Today we explored the physical phenomena of electricity - in our g3 groups we used Brain Box electronic kits to try and create some different items - an earthquake detector, a quiz board, or upstairs-downstairs light switches.



We learnt about circuits, currents, conductivity and batteries.

The video shows a group that were successful with their quiz game board:


Thursday: today we began to investigate air pressure - Mrs Coyle filled a glass of water, placed cardboard overtop and turned it all upside down.  Then she took her hand away and the water stayed in the glass!!! Daniel B was able to tell us this was because the air pressure was holding the card in place and stopping the water from falling - AMAZING!

We also took strips of paper and blew on them to see how the moving air (low pressure) means that the still air (high pressure) pushes against the paper to lift it up or push two pieces together. 

We also made paper wings that demonstrate this air pressure effect and then tried out some parachutes.


Friday: the travelling Art Roadshow was here at school - a massive truck art gallery! See the video to watch us having a look around...


5 comments:

Madi said...

This week I enjoyed going to see the Art Road show.

I am pleased we did Miniball on Tuesday.

I need to improve on my neatness.

Hannah said...

This week I enjoyed visting Real art Road Show because they didnt have kidy baby type art they had art that had a great story and meaning behind them.

This week I lacked on staying neat because I was thinking ahead of my brain.

Next weeks goal will be to Stay confident in what I do and what I say.

Keryn said...

This week I enjoyed the art road show to look at the art I loved the Shark made out of Blankets.

I am pleased I passed my maths I got 98\100.

I need to improve on my words because I got 2\3.

Shaz said...

This week I enjoyed the Real Art Road Show there was plenty of awesome art!

I enjoyed drawing pictures from the Real Art Road Show.

I need to improve on my maths so I can pass my tests.

Anton said...

This week I enjoyed visiting the 'Real Art RoadShow'.I really enjoyed looking at all the different art work, it was great!
This week I improved on my neatness in my handwriting.
I need to improve on linking in all my work, because I usually rush!