Friday, June 24, 2011

Term 2 Week 8

Wow! Where are the days going? We are upset that there is no snow in Queenstown as we would have liked to be skiing today - fingers crossed that it will have snow for us next week maybe????  Have a look at the Remarkables ski-field web cameras!

This week we have been flat out writing and recrafting our speeches.  We have written them in the argument style of writing - giving introductions, personal opinion, reasons and evidence, with a conclusion to finish.  Some of us have already put the speech onto cue cards and we are all practising so we are ready to deliver our speeches next week.  Mrs Coyle will video our speech for us so we can put it onto our youtube channel and our personal work blogs.

Many of us have chosen a technology theme for our speech (what is the greatest invention ever?) as the going further stage of our inquiry. We have prepared speeches about a range of topics including toilet paper, soap, computers, cameras, airplanes and telescopes.

Constable Graham was in again to help us think about strategies to use if we experience any bullying. We carried out some role-plays and know that we can ask adults for help, ask a friend or friends to be with us, can try to stand up to a bully - for which we need to feeel confident and stand strong (kia kaha), and that if we see bullying we should try to do something to help.

We have created some design pinwheels for art and we finished our timelines for our technology inquiry. 






This week for arts @ Edendale the Year 5's stayed with Mrs Coyle and worked on their rakau (Maori stick game) skills while the Year 6's worked on drama with Mrs Weir.

24 comments:

Mckenzie said...

This week I learnt how to spell manoeuvre.

I enjoyed making pinwheels. My pinwheel is pink and black. I looks cool!!!!

I would like to improve linking all the time in all my writing.

kieran said...

This week I learnt about bullying. I enjoyed the rippa tournament. I would like to improve on my neatness in my writing.

Room Kokako 2010-2012 said...

This week I learnt German language.

I enjoyed rugby practice on Wednesday.

I would like to improve on my reading

kim said...

This week I learnt how to make a pin wheel.

I enjoyed pinning my pin wheel together.

I would like to improve my sloping.

Rhiannon said...

this week I learnt how to sing I see red by Split enz.

I enjoyed making pinwheels my pinwheel has patterns on it.

I would like to improve on linking in my writing.

Room Kokako 2010-2012 said...

This week I enjoyed the Novel it's always getting funnier!

I would like to improve on my speech

Hayden said...

This week I learnt to make a pin wheel.

I enjoyed making my speech.

I would like to improve on my reading.

William said...

This week I learnt how to make a pinwheel.

I enjoyed making pinwheels.

I'd like to impove nothing.

Gabby said...

This week I learnt how to how to make a pinwheel.they look awesome.


I enjoyed writing speeches.Mine is about cameras.

i would like to improve on writing neatly.

Maria said...

This week I learnt how to do a petite jete(in ballet.)

I enjoyed learning more German.

I would like to improve my grond batmon in ballet.

Taya said...

This week I learnt german with Laura.

I enjoyed Friday because is the last of school.

I would like to Improve on my neatness in my work.

Anton said...

This week I learnt how to make a pinwheel and that the word "versus" is an opposition.

I enjoyed writing my speech and making my pin wheel.

I would like to improve on saying my speech by practicing at home.

Madi said...

This week I learnt that instead of saying versus you can say opposing.

I enjoyed german language because it was our last class of german.

I would like to improve on speaking louder.

Hannah said...

This week I learnt to always continue an activity until it is finished.

I enjoyed doing my powerpoint and speach on the laptop because it felt like it was my own but it's not mine.

I would like to improve on writing neat but But fast in all my work.

Thanks I really enjoyed my week Mrs Coyle. Hannah

josh said...

This week I learnt that if you saw slowly you get it done faster. I enjoyed the book that I finished. I would like to improve on writing.

Room Kokako 2010-2012 said...

This week I leant how to make a pin wheel.

I enjoyed maths because it is my favourite subject
I improved writing

Keryn said...

This week I learnt my really hard words.

I enjoyed seeing Laura with the german lollies.

I would like to improve on learning german

liam said...

This week I learnt how to make a pin wheel.

I enjoyed going over the jumps on my bike.
I would like to improve on my maths tests.

mitchell said...

This week I learnt how to make a pinwheel.

I enjoyed wrighting my speech.

I would to improve on my speech.

Josh jolly said...

This week I enjoyed playing with my friends at lunch time.
This week I learnt how to make a pinwheel.
This week I improved on maths.

Mrs C said...

Glad to hear everyone has had a fun and productive week. You all sound very busy both with school work and with your sport, dance lessons and boys brigade activities.

Anton - versus is a preposition word (one that shows a relationship between nouns) and it means opposing. You were almost right! I am glad to know someone was interested!

Mrs C said...

I think there are a couple of us who need to remember (or learn how) to sign their comment with their name so we know who they are!

mitchell said...

This week I enjoyed going to the ILT velodrome in invercargill it was really awsome.

My speech went ok.

I would like to improve on maths.

Taya said...

Tis week I enjoyed making casein .It felt really funny.

I never knew that the whole universe was made of matter.

I want to learn who made casein
first.