Friday, June 10, 2011

Term 2 Week 6

 We have had a short week this week, with Queen's Birthday on Monday and the teachers having a teacher only day on Tuesday.

The teachers travelled to Winton Primary School to look around and see how they run their classrooms. Then the teachers had lunch and talked about what they had seen and could use or do differently at Edendale School.  Mrs A also taught the teachers and Mr McKenzie how to play a couple of songs on the ukelele!

Josh J, Thomas, Maria, Taya, William, Daniel H, Hayden and Bailey are all away to the Southland Crosscountry today - we hope they all do well! Results later!

Constable Graham was back again and we talked about how being different is good - we made shields to show our uniqueness.
Talking about the similarities and differences in a class photo.

Talking about the similarities and differences in a class photo.

Talking about the similarities and differences in a class photo.

Our personal shields.
Mrs Coyle finished reading our daily novel to us - we were listening to Hatchet by Gary Paulsen and were always blown away by the descriptions of Brian's problems as he survived in the wilderness.  The ways he overcame those problems were really good examples of technology - the solutions created to meet a need (our inquiry theme).  We are all glad nothing like what happened to Brian has ever happened to us, but now we have a few ideas if we do get lost in the woods (note one: take a hatchet with you!)

Below in the comments are our reflections for this week - have a read...

14 comments:

Rhiannon said...

This week I enjoyed Novel because Brian got found .

I improved on linking but I did not do it much .

I am unique because I am a horse rider and love my pony very much .

Anton said...

This week I enjoyed finishing our novel about Brian.

I improved in doing my home work every day.

I am uniqe because I am really good at Rip sticking and I love art!

Josh said...

This week I enjoyed the novel because brian was found.

I improved on linking by linking my wrighting.

I am unique because I like rugby.

mitchell said...

This week I enjoyed the novel about brian.

I improved on rip stick.

I am unique because I can ride a motor bike.

Madi said...

This week I enjoyed novel because Brian got rescued.
I improved on being quiet.
I am unique because when I was 18 months old I had Koazake disease a disease that affects the heart.

Jordan said...

This week I engoyed finishing the novel. I improved my linking. I am uniqe because I know lots about vecles and macines.

Hannah said...

This week I enjoyed having music practice for the festival in term3 or four.
I improved on working on my marvellous machines booklet.
I am unquie because I wear glasses.

liam said...

This week I enjoyed fineshed colouring in my pattens sheet.

I improved on my maths tests because now I am on a higher lever.

I am uniqe because I am the only one in my cass with my ear peirced.

shaz said...

This week i enjoyed singing practice.

I improved on my spelling.

i am unique because i am from China.

Keryn said...

This week I enjoyed the singing practice for the end of term.

I improved on singing Six months on a leeky boat.

I am uniquie because I am Irish.

Gabrielle said...

This week I enjoyed novel because Brian was found.
I improved my handwriting because I was writing neater.
I am unique because I can ride a ripstick.

Mckenzie said...

This week I enjoyed having music festival practice. We are singing "six months in a leaky boat".

I improved on my slope.

I am unquie because I am one of the two people in our class that do Jazz

kim said...

This week I enjoyed music practice.

This week I improved my angles in maths.

I am unque because I am the only girl in my family.

Lance said...

Wassup dudes!!!

This week I enjoyed... making paper frogs.

I am pleased I... made paper frogs.

I still need to improve...
on spelling