Friday, June 17, 2011

Term 2 Week 7

The results from Southland Crosscountry: Thomas 4th!!!! Bailey 54th, Hayden 38th, William 64th, Maria 63rd, Taya 33rd, Jordyn 14th!!!, Josh J 47th, Daniel H 74th.  We think you are all awesome for getting to that level of competition and representing the LMV in a Southland race.

Two teams entered SouthSpell: Maria, Kieran, William and Shaz were in one team, while Mckenzie, Anton, Gabby and Hannah were in the other team.  Up against 36 other teams, we weren't able to take out a placing; there were only 3 points between the two Edendale teams and we obviously have a bit of work to do on a few areas of spelling!

This week we have been writing our speeches - we are doing these in the form of an argument so that we can practise this for a writing skill - our planning sheets helped us to order our ideas and to create paragraphs as we wrote.  We look forward to finishing these today so we can start practising next week how to deliver the speeches.

Some of us will also turn the speech into a powerpoint to enter a competition about technology - very relevant to our inquiry.  For inquiry we have also been completing our assessments - timelines about the changes in the telephone and how these changes affected people.

Mrs Peirce was in on Tuesday and we used the Chile volcano eruption as our writing, reading and art theme.  We have created Southland sunset pictures in response to the photos we saw in the newspaper of the brilliant red sunsets we have been seeing lately.

With Room 5 Kereru we have been learning our songs for the LMV music festival - a range of NZ songs - it is sounding really good as we get to know the words!

22 comments:

shaz said...

I enjoyed singing lessons it was really fun.

I improved on my singing this week.

I am unique because i am from China.

Hannah said...

I enjoyed having Mrs Perice and the maths with the mms.

I am unique because I am taller than all the kids in the school.


I improved on writing neatly. Thats what I did this week.

Keryn said...

I enjoyed learning food in German.


I am unique because I have a friend that is from China.




I improved on writing neatly in pen.

Mckenzie said...

This week I enjoyed maths with Mrs Coyle because we got M and M's.

Iam unique because I do Jazz with Lou Horo.

I improved on sloping in all my writing.

Kimberly said...

This week I enjoyed doing the rippa tourdament.

I am unique because I am the only person who goes to tennis.

I improved my mathsdoing fractions.

Gabby said...

I enjoyed novel because Nick thought a killer bird disease was going round.

I am unique because Rhiannon is my best friend.

I improved on writing neatly.

Anton said...

This week I enjoyed doing art with Mrs Pierce, we made an ash cloud picture. They were AWESOME!

I am unique because I am good at art and I love it just as much!

I improved on my homework because now I am doing my sentences again.

Rhiannon said...

This week I enjoyed maths because Mrs Coyle gave us M and M's.

I am unique because I am a horse rider and I love my pony very very very much.

I improved on homework because I got all my spelling words right and practiced them this week.

Madi said...

This week I enjoyed novel because its getting exciting.

I am unique because I like strawberry milk shakes.

I improved on maths.

mitchell said...

This week I enjoyed art with Mrs Pierce we made our vershion of the ash cloud from Chile.


I'm unique because I'm good at art.


I improved on my maths.

Taya said...

This week I enjoyed novel because Nick thinks theres a killer bird disease going around. Niack has problems bad problems. He is to hiper active that he has to take special pills.
I improved at writing.
I am unique because I have a puppy called CHOPPER and hes is a red nose buck skin pure bread pitball. He,s really really really really cute!!!!!

Maria said...

This week I enjoyed Novel because Nick thought a killer disease was going around and would kill everything on the planet. Nick is a crazy boy.I also enjoyed maths because we got to work with MnM's.

I am unique because I have a crazy kitten called George. He is grey and white.

I improved on my linkink because I don't link most of the time.

Thomas said...

i enjoyed maths because we learned how to use a protractor when the angle is over 190

I improved my maths

I am uniquue because I have orange hair

Room Kokako 2010-2012 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
william said...

This week I enjoyed southspell because it was a great opotunite for me and it was fun!

I impoved my spelling.

I'm uniquue because I enjoy school and I want to learn

Room Kokako 2010-2012 said...

This week I enjoyed maths because got to eat 20 mm's after we solved problems with them.
I am unique because I play for two rugby teams.

daniel h said...

this week i enjoyed maths when i used a protractors
i'm uniquue because i like cars i improved on my spelling

Josh jolly said...

This week I enjoyed maths because we got to eat 20 mm's after we solved problems with them.
I am uniquue because I play for two rugby teams.
I improved on solving math problems.

Room Kokako 2010-2012 said...

this week I enjoyed learning german words.

I improved on my rounding and compensating *click*.

I am unique because I come from Phillipines.

Anonymous said...

This week I enjoyed staying inside on the computer. I improved my linking.

Kieran said...

This week I enjoyed winning the rippa rugby game. I improved my neatness.

daniel h said...

this week i learnt how to make a pin wheel

I enjoyed math with mr mckenzie

I would like to improve on my spelling