Friday, August 24, 2012

Term 3 Week Six

Kia ora all! What a great spell of weather we have been having - so many sunny days help make our mood a lot brighter and our enthusiasm continues!

Exciting times this week as we held auditions for the main roles in our upcoming Senior Production of Murphy's Marvellous Time Machine.  There were many well-rehearsed young actors and narrators putting themselves forward for the roles available and Mrs Coyle had to hold a few call-backs to help with making the right decisions.

The cast list will be announced this afternoon and that will then mean a busy week ahead as the main actors begin to learn their lines!  We already have singing practice underway and are looking forward to putting everything on show for you on Wednesday 19th September - keep that date free in your diaries!
Jake was our VIP for the week.
This week we began writing explanations about the water cycle - our pieces are coming along nicely, with a lot of use of rhetorical questions as the introductions to get the readers interested in our information!

We are getting ready for our bus trip (next Friday) to the Waituna Lagoon and Wetlands by reading about the area as part of our reading activities - we will be interested to see how this environmental area has an impact on the land and water cycle, and how we impact upon it.

This week we will comment on what we are looking forward to with the Senior Production (or our thoughts about it so far).

Have a good weekend, Room Kokako

2 comments:

Room Kokako 2010-2012 said...

I cant wait until we know who we all are.
Jake

I can't wait until we find out who the characters are in the senior production!I hope I am the narrator.I hope the production goes well
Rhianna.

I can't wait to see what part I get in the senior production. Breana

I can't wait till we find out who the characters are.
Maddy

I think the production will be a big sucess. I can hardly wait to see the finished thing!!
Maria


I think the production will be a fun time for every one
tyla:)

I think that the production will be AWESOME. Hopefully i'm the narrator.
CAITLIN:]

Room Kokako 2010-2012 said...

That was cool on Murphys time machine it have many characters that you can choose of and on the water cycle we're going to a bus trip to see the water cycle
Nich
It can not wait to the school play murphys time machine because I might be a dancer.
kobie

I can't wait until we do the senior production, 'Murphy's Time Travelling machine' because can't wait to see who gets which other character. Sarah

I am very excited about the production. I still wonder who I'm going to be. William

I can't wait for the school production!shaz

I can't wait to see who I'm going to be! Allynah

I hope I will get my parts that i am hoping for! Ira

I can't wait for the school production.
Renee.