Friday, February 17, 2012

Term One Week Three

Hi again! Great to get five days of learning this week - we were pleased to be able to meet with our parents on Wednesday or Thursday to set our learning goals for the year - read our comments to find out what some of us are hoping to achieve!

It is great to be able to build the learning partnership between ourselves, our parents and our teacher/school. We have each chosen two learning goals to focus on (though we will of course have many, many other targets to achieve this year) and we are all looking at the actions we can take towards achieving our goals.

Thank you to all parents for taking the time to come along and share in this important process, showing your children that you support them with their progress. The pupils are able to take ownership and accountability for their learning by having taken part in these conversations and will feel the success more deeply when it happens. - Mrs Coyle


The rest of the week has been busy with: writing tree poems to go with our painting/collages; getting stuck into some number knowledge such as fractions; and beginning our inquiry into how we can keep healthy and safe.

Today we have also looked at the 'script' for when we are running the school celebration assembly on Fridays - we will each try to introduce the celebrations in our own way, though we know the first time might be a bit nerve-wracking!
This week our VIP (very important pupil) was Kieran - he enjoys reading and playing rugby and has a pet dog and cat.






































18 comments:

Maria said...

One of my learning goals is to know and order fractions with the same numarator or denominator.

Brittany said...

One of my learning goals is to sound words out because I know how to know words .

kobie said...

One of my learning goals is to write neatly in all my books and fix all my spelling mistakes.

Gabby said...

One of my learning goals is to write better introductions.

William said...

One of my learning goals is to use paragraphs for a new event or speaker.

Rhianna said...

One of my learning goal this week is to keep neat and tidy at my writing and handwriting.

caitlin said...

one of my learning goals is to be neat and tidy in all me work.

freya said...

One of my learning goals is to be on hundreds club for maths.

shaz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josh L said...

one of my learning goals is to learn all my times tables by the end ofthe year

shaz said...

One of my learning goals is to work harder in my math because I feel like I need to work on it..

Bailey said...

One of my learning goals is to get to the Extra spelling list.

Breana said...

One of my goals is to do three place decimals because I want to try to do it.

Keryn said...

One of my learning goals is to be past word groups by term 1.

hayden said...

One of my learning goals is to get past my times tables.

kieran! said...

one of my goals is to use paragraphs

Jordan said...

One of my learning goals Is to get faster at my times tables.

Sarah said...

One of my learning goals is plan when needed by using planning strategies and research skills in my writing because I have trouble thinking of ideas to write.