Friday, May 11, 2012

Term Two Week Three

Kia ora! Another five days of busy learning has passed...


This week Breana was our VIP (very important pupil):

Our technology inquiry is well underway as we have defined what technology is, looked at the technological process and been given a design brief to come up with a bird feeder to try and attract native birds to our school playground. We have looked at some other models and will soon be coming up with our own plans to create a prototype out of recycled materials.

For writing we published our letter to Richie McCaw and our anti-bullying poems. Fingers crossed for a win with each of these competitions!!

Miss Van den Beld got us started on our science inquiry - we viewed photos of different sorts of moulds - gross!!!

Mrs Miller has got us designing our pictures that we will use for lino printing - we look forward to starting to cut these out and hope to make them into pillowcases.

Mrs Coyle has collected our Steel game tickets and checked out the changing rooms - our ideas are flowing and next week we will be flat-out putting them into action!!

Have a super Mother's Day everyone! Today you can read comments of what we love about our mothers...

7 comments:

kobie william willson said...

I love my mummy because she makes me cookies and because she is nice.

Gabby said...

I love my Mum because she does most things for me and she loves me.

Rhianna said...

I love my mum because she is an awesome baker and an awesome mum she is very funny and tells me heaps of jokes.

Maria ;) said...

I love my because she is a great baker and she loves my lots and lots.

shaz said...

I love my mum because she is kind loving and caring all in one! she is always there for me, without her I would be lost.
you rock mum!

Sarah Andrews said...

I love my Mum because she's funny, caring and a bit clumsy like me.

Anonymous said...

Your mums are ALL awesome and I know because I am a mum too! Sounds like we need to have a bake-off between some mums - I will take this chance to remind you all that I am always available for taste-testing of baked goods!! Have a great day on Mothers'Day everyone!
Mrs C