Friday, August 5, 2011

Term Three Week One

Welcome back everyone! It seems we all had a good break and are rearing to go for Term Three!

This week we have begun our new inquiry. This is science based and we are looking into physical phenomena and chemical changes (eg energy and forces) - we have called the inquiry "May the force be with you!" and we are hoping to earn our Jedi registrations with our activities.

Already we have made our own samples of casein using milk and vinegar - we were exploring changes in matter and asking questions about our observations.

We have also learnt that all things in the universe are called matter and they can be solid, liquid or gas.  We saw how some matter can change with a demo using water/ice/steam.

For literacy we have been reading and analysing reviews as we are writing our own reviews for a new wikispace that we want to create - keep an eye out for this as we will review books, movies, video games and events or places that we go to. Some of the reviews so far have been very professionally written - perhaps we have some future advertising executives or promotions officers in our midst!

Maths is based around multiplication and division this term - many of us will be making great improvements in our division skills going by the pre-test results!

Our singing practice is going well for the LMV Festival - remember to get your tickets!

21 comments:

Mckenzie said...

This week I enjoyed listening to Mrs Coyle read the novel.

I never knew that if you mix warm milk with vinegar it makes casien.

I would like to learn more science.

Madi said...

This week I enjoyed science and novel.

I never knew that liquids and solids are so important.

I would like to learn about how science works.

Anton said...

This week I enjoyed science and learning about 'Matter'.

I never knew that Matter is every thing the universe is made of!

I would like to learn about all the gases in the world.

Rhiannon M G said...

This week I enjoyed Mrs Coyle reading us novel (we are in the exiting part ).

I never knew that casin is a natural plastic (I never knew that there was a natural plastic).

I would like to learn about all the experiments that we are doing.

kim said...

This week I enjoyed writing our reveiws.

I never knew that Matter was so important.

I would like to learn about science and how Matter works.

Gabrielle said...

This week I enjoyed novel because they sent Brio of the cliff.

i never knew that casein could be made out of vinegar and milk.

I would like to learn about how metal is made.

Maria said...

This week I enjoyed making the casien.


I never knew that you could maketype of a type of plastic out of milk and vinger.


I would like to learn about why casien feels so funny and why it smells like rotten eggs.

Shaz said...

This week i enjoyed singing practice because i love singing.

I never knew that milk and viniger made casean!

I would like to learn about more science words

Shaz

Thomas said...

This week I enjoy making casein in iquiry.
I never knew vinager and warm milk with a little stir makes casein.
I would like to learn how to learn a quicker way to do my maths test with out cheating.

William said...

This week i enjoyed maths.

I never knew that when you put salt on ice it melts quicker.

I would like to learn about lightning.

kieran said...

This week I enjoyed making casein.
I never knew that casein smelt bad. I would like to learn about rubber.

Hannah said...

This week I enjoyed the experiment about how to make casein because I had never known how to do that.

I never knew that my Dad works with casein because I thought that it was just the name of the plant he works in.

I would like to learn more about our inquiry because I think it will be a great term inquiry.
Thats my week.

Josh R said...

This week i enjoyed bible an school because we have new books. I never knew that you can make plastic with milk. I would like to learn more about plastic.

Dylan said...

This week I enjoyed maths.

I never knew that if you mix hot milk and viniger you will make casein.

I would like to learn about wood crafting.

Daniel H said...

This week I enjoyed maths.
I never knew that steam is gas.
I would like to learn about
nothing

Josh Jolly said...

This week I enjoyed working out problems with m and m's.
I never knew that if water temrature rises to a 120 degrees in a jar the jar explodes.
I would like to learn about nothing.

Jordan said...

This week I engoyed sience experiance.
I never knew that milk and vinigar makes casine.
I would like to learn about gases.

mitchell said...

This week I enjoyed maths because we got m&ms.

I never knew that the hole unaverse was made of matter.

I would like to learn about sinsey things.

liam said...

This week I enjoyed making caiseen with the class.

I never knew caiseen is eadible.

I would like to learn more about science

TAYA JANE LEWIS 2011 said...

This week I enjoyed The Thomas Brydone Learning Centre opening because Anne Tolley told us a story about a king.

I am pleased about the neatness in my books.

I still need to improve on the amount of work I do and I need to focus.

Anonymous said...

RWDSDVFBGADFEBSRQRSHKDWHGSDBSHDBSNBFGERAMNDBSDJAM,NSNDMNA,SMNJKDNHKASJDN,W