Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week 6 Reading Response

This week's poem is by James K Baxter: The Tree House

John and Judith and Billy and me,
We have our own house in a willow tree.
It's built of boards and battens and tin
From the packing case that the tractor came in.

Up the slippery trunk of the tree we climb
With a rope to help us, one at a time;
But once we're up and safe inside
Only the wind knows where we hide.

Down in the paddock the brown horse neighs
And in stormy weather the whole house sways
Like a ship at sea while the branches roar
And birds fly past at the open door.

Today we designed our dream tree houses and shared these designs with our groups.

11 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I did not finish my treehut but i think everyones will look cool .

Anton said...

Hi i made an aweosome future tree-house. It had a cinema!

Keryn said...

I finished my tree hut it was awesome it hade a class room. In the class room it hade a pool.In my bedroom I hade a pool and a bar full of fizz:)

Rhiannon said...

This March we are going on school camp I can not wait !!! :)

kieran said...

I made an awesome tree-house it had a spa!

kieran said...

I made an awesome tree-house it had a spa!

Mckenzie said...

Drawing the treehuts were so fun. My treehut was super awesome and colourful.

mitchell said...

My tree is awsome

Maria said...

I like how the poem was written. I also liked drawing the treehuts. Mine had a house cleaning robot, a bedroom, a gumball dispenser, an icecream shop, and lots more things.

kieran said...

I ROCk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kieran said...

I ROCk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!